Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thank You!

I made it back safely to Indy Thursday night, December 22nd.
Me and Journey only missed one flight, and we blame the long immigration/customs line.
But we were blessed enough to get the last two plane tickets until Christmas Eve, and it only put us in Indy two hours later than we were supposed to be. Not to mention, I got the best surprise ever in the airport when I got home. :)

Even a week later, I still can't believe that I was actually in Haiti. When I first got home, I wasn't totally sure how I felt about going back. I absolutely loved it, but I am a homebody at heart. I know I will probably go back eventually, it's just a lot to take in at the moment. It was a truly life-changing experience, and I thank God that I was able to go.

I also want to thank all of my supporters, whether you contributed money so I could go, or if you prayed for me. I couldn't have done any of this without you all! When I got home, I had so many e-mails, Facebook messages and wall posts flooding me with encouragement. I can not believe how much you all thought about me, and I can't tell you enough how thankful and blessed I am to know each and every one of you. I even had people I don't know praying for me. It just goes to show how far God's love can go.

Feel free to keep checking back...I will probably post more a few weeks down the road to see how much I've changed, and how I'm using my experiences in Haiti to make a difference :)

If you have any questions or want to know anything else about my experiences feel free to comment or e-mail me! Thank you all so much!

Colossians 3: 15-17
 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment