Monday, December 12, 2011

It's So Close!

FIVE DAYS! I will be on a plane in five days going out of the country for the first time ever, on my first ever mission trip! To be honest, I haven't had much time to think about it thoroughly because the stress of school and other things going on. I went home this weekend and spent some time with family, and that is when I got a chance to really think about it.

I cannot contain the excitement that I have to go to Haiti! I am so thankful and blessed to have an incredible amount of support from my family and friends who are praying over me and who made a financial donation so that I can go. I am so excited to see how God will use me the few days I get a chance to be down there. I am excited to form new relationships with a completely different culture and see how God has given them hope.

While I am extremely excited, I am also super nervous. I know that is probably to be expected, but it still makes me a little uneasy. It's the little "what ifs" that have me freaked out. What if a tarantula bites me? What if I get hungry? What if I lose my customs/immigration forms to get back to the US? I know some of these may seem a little petty, but I guess that's just how my brain works :) I am so thankful for the prayers that are going out...keep 'em comin'!

I will try to update right before I go, but if not, I'll talk to you guys from 1,680 miles away! :)
Also, I was informed that the technology where I am staying might not be working properly, so rest assured I will post a SUPER-LONG update when I get home if the computers are still down.

I am so blessed by you all!!!

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment